Dr LAM Hoi Yan, Cathy
Assistant Professor (SCM)
BMSIM Associate Programme Director
Tel: (852) 3963 5639
Dr Cathy Lam received her BSc (Hons) Logistics Engineering and Management, and, PhD in Logistics Engineering from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. After graduation, she worked as a Research Associate in the same department, and she was a Visiting Lecturer for The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong.
During the years of research, over 80 international journals and conference papers were published in the areas of supply chain and logistics management, data management in supply chain, green and sustainable transportation, e-commerce logistics, as well as artificial intelligence. Among them, 35 journal papers are SCI/SSCI listed, while some of them were published in well-known journals such as “IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology”, “International Journal of Production Economics”, “International Journal of Production Research”, “Applied Soft Computing”, “Expert Systems with Application”, “Internet Research” and “Industrial Management and Data Systems”. She received the Outstanding Paper Award of Emerald Literati Network Awards for the paper “An intelligent case-based knowledge management system for quality improvement in nursing homes” in 2019. Currently, she serves as the Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Engineering Business Management.
Dr Lam has extensive teaching experience in the subjects of management science, operations and supply chain management, enterprise information management, ERP, logistics information systems, simulation of logistics systems, and, data mining.
Research Interests TOP
- Data Analytics in Supply Chain
- E-Commerce Logistics
- Green and Sustainable Transportation
- IoT/Blockchain Applications
- Artificial Intelligence
Selected Publications TOP
- Lam, H.Y., Ho, G.T.S., Mo, Daniel Y. & Tang, Valerie (2021), Enhancing data-driven elderly appointment services in domestic care communities under COVID-19, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 121(7), pp. 1552-1576.
- Lam, H.Y., Tsang, Y.P., Wu, C.H. & Chan, C.Y. (2021). Intelligent e- vendor relationship management for enhancing the eco-system of global B2C e-commerce business, Journal of Global Information Management, 29(3), pp.1-25, DOI: 10.4018/JGIM.2021050101.
- Li, S.M., Chan, Felix T.S., Tsang, Y.P., & Lam, H.Y. (2021). New product idea selection in the fuzzy front end of innovation: a fuzzy best-worst method and group decision-making process. Mathematics, 9(4), 337, DOI: 10.3390/math9040337.
- Lam, H.Y., Tsang, Y.P., Wu, C.H. & Tang, Valerie (2020). Data analytics and the P2P cloud: an integrated model for strategy formulation based on customer behaviour. Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, published on 31 July 2020, DOI: 10.1007/s12083-020-00960-z.
- Mo, Daniel Y., Lam, H.Y., Xu, W. & Ho, G.T.S. (2020). Design of flexible vehicle scheduling systems for sustainable paratransit services, Sustainability, 12(14), 5594, DOI:10.3390/su12145594.
- Tsang, Y.P., Wu, C.H., Lam, H.Y., Choy, K.L., & Ho, G.T.S. (2020), Integrating internet of things and multi-temperature delivery planning for perishable food e-commerce logistics: a model and application, International Journal of Production Research, 59(5), pp. 1534-1556.
- Leung, K. H., Luk, C. C., Choy, K. L., Lam, H. Y., & Lee, C. K.M. (2019). A B2B flexible pricing decision support system for managing the request for quotation process under e-commerce business environment, International Journal of Production Research, 57(20), pp. 6528-6551.
- Wu, H., Pang, Grantham K.H., Choy, K.L., & Lam, H.Y. (2018), An optimization model for electric vehicle battery charging at a battery swapping station, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, 67(2), pp. 881-895.
- Wu, H., Pang, Grantham K.H., Choy, K.L., & Lam, H.Y. (2018), Dynamic resource allocation for parking lot electric vehicle recharging using heuristic fuzzy particle swarm optimization algorithm, Applied Soft Computing, 71, pp. 538-552.
- Lee, C.K.H., Choy, K.L., Ho, G.T.S. & Lam, C.H.Y. (2016), A slippery genetic algorithm-based process mining system for achieving better quality assurance in the garment industry, Expert Systems with Applications, 46, pp. 236-248.
- Wu, C.H., Ho, G.T.S., Lam, C.H.Y. & Ip, W.H. (2015), Franchising decision support system for formulating a center positioning strategy, Industrial Management & Data Systems, 115(5), pp. 853-882.
- Lam, H.Y., Choy, K.L., Ho, G.T.S., Cheng, Stephen W.Y. & Lee, C.K.M. (2015), A knowledge-based logistics operations planning system for mitigating risk in warehouse order fulfilment, International Journal of Production Economics, 170 Part C, pp. 763-779.
- Lam, C.H.Y., Choy, K.L., Ho G.T.S. & Lee, C.K.M. (2014), An order picking operations system for managing the batching activities in a warehouse, International Journal of Systems Science, 45(6), pp. 1283-1295.
- Lam, H.Y., Choy, K.L., Ho, G.T.S., Kwong, C.K. & Lee, C.K.M. (2013), A real-time risk control and monitoring system for incident handling in wine storage, Expert Systems with Applications, 40(9), pp. 3665-3678.
- Lam, C.H.Y., Choy, K.L., Ho, G.T.S. & Chung, S.H. (2012), A hybrid case-GA-based decision support model for warehouse operation in fulfilling cross-border orders, Expert Systems with Applications, 39 (8), pp. 7015-7028.
- Lam, C.H.Y., Choy, K.L. & Chung, S.H. (2011), A decision support system to facilitate warehouse order fulfillment in cross-border supply chain, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 22(8), pp. 972-983.
Projects and Grants TOP
- Education Bureau - QESS, “Interactive Artificial Intelligence Assisted Chatbot for Self-improving Oral English Proficiency”, HK$1,252,458, Deputy Project Coordinator (12/QESS/2020)
- UGC Research Matching Grant, “Design of a Blockchain-based Intelligent Model for Enhancing Supply Chain Reliability”, HK$594,740, Principle Investigator (700011)
- UGC Research Matching Grant, "Estimating Blockchain IoT Project Completion Times - Simulation and Analytic Approach”, HK$933,333, Co-Principal Investigator (700005)
Scholarly Service TOP
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Engineering Business Management